Planning to make a website?
- Why a website?
- Who is going to view the website? - Identify your audience.
- What information is on the website? - Identify your content.
- Make an outline of the website content.
- How do you want the content organized? - Website sections and pages.
- How will a guest get to a specific webpage? - Website navigation.
- Name for the website?
- Go to a domain seller like godaddy.com and search for available names.
- Make sure the name is simple, shorter is better. No crazy spelling or punctuation.
- You want a name you can end in .COM. .ORG works if you are making a website for a non-profit, but you will still want to lock down the .COM name too.
- What websites have a look you like?
- What websites do you like in the same industry or interest?
- Make a webpage layout - Think about what you want on the page.
- Make some boxes, representing content blocks, move them around till it looks right.
- Consider different screen sizes - small screens (phones) and large screens (monitors).
- Keep file sizes small.
- Only include necessary code and content.